ISLAMIC WOMEN’S ISSUES
WOMEN IN BONDAGE
There is nothing more personally degrading to a woman and her position in society than that imposed upon her in a male dominated Islamic culture. Her human dignity is stripped away, along with her personal freedoms.
If you are a woman born or married into a Muslim family, I don’t’ have to spend time explaining to you what you already know. I want to explain to you the alternative available to you.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)
… I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10)
I realize there is an overbearing hatred, if not an intolerance for Christians by those in the Muslim community. Most of this is caused either by ignorance, or by those who have falsified the truths contained in the Christian faith in order to lessen the chances that one will seriously look at this alternative and try to ‘convert’. Let me clarify some things for you.
1. I know of a God who loves you with an infinite love. He is not any angry God, but a loving Lord. He knew you before you were born, and knew your name.
“For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” (Psalms 139:13-17)
The Loving Lord that I’ve come to know knew me before I was born, and created me for a purpose. And, He loves you and has done the same for you.
2. My Lord is not a ‘god out there’ with whom I have to continually please. He is the Lord who has granted be salvation by His grace, without any merit on my part. I could not work for or earn in any way my salvation. It was a free gift to me from Him. Read below.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
He is willing to give you the same gift of salvation and eternal life without merit on your part. And, this is all driven and motivated because of His love for you.
“The Lord is … not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
Muslim women who have to cover themselves in public while their men wear the latest comfortable clothing and shoes, women who cannot be hospitable and friendly to men not their husbands, and who cannot do decent things like drive a car, go to college,… I suppose the list is lengthy. The Lord NEVER meant for you to have to go through life this way. Men have put you in bondage, not the Lord. It is His will to set you free from this, if you are willing to take the necessary steps by faith, trusting Him to keep and protect you.
3. Jesus Christ died on the cross as payment for your sins and mine. I know what you may have been told by the men in your life, so let me set the record straight.
Jesus was God’s Son, who came to earth, lived a sinless life, and was crucified on a cross as payment for our sins. He paid our sin debt by His death on the cross. He rose from the grave on the third day, overcoming death for us, so we can live forever. And, He offers pardon, forgiveness, and eternal life to ALL who come to Him in faith. It’s that simple. After being a ‘religious’ person for many years, I, in faith, accepted His payment for my sins … and He forgave me, washed my sins away, and GAVE me salvation and eternal life. He will do the same for you!
I am in no way suggesting that you dishonor your husband, if you are married. But I am bidding you to receive Christ as your Lord and Savior, and then live the new life He will give you around your husband and family so they too will SEE the TRUTH for the first time, and perhaps come to Christ in return. Your decision to receive the salvation offered in Christ is a personal decision that you, and you alone must make. I also know that the cost to you may be high, leaving the Muslim religion.
4. You must be born again. A rich man came to Jesus by night in secret to enquire as to how he can have eternal life. Below is the discourse:
“There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.” (John 3:1-7)
When Jesus said that ‘you must be born again’, the man naturally responded by asking how could someone re-enter their mother’s womb and be born again. Jesus gave a clear response. One who comes to Christ is born twice. First, by their mother as a baby, and second, by the Spirit of God. It is often referred to as the ‘New Birth’. God through our faith in Christ re-creates us and makes us a new creation in Him. It is a work of God, not man.
What a profound truth. Those who do not want you to know this either don’t know this themselves, or they are hiding this from you so you don’t convert from Islam. But the man questioning Jesus got it, and was ‘born again’ soon afterward. He was not afraid of what others would think.
WHY NOT JUST TURN TO THE TRUTH
Here is the Truth. Please read it completely before you reject it. It can have eternal consequences for you. If you are a woman of the Islamic religion, you can be freed from the shackles that bind you. If you are a woman contemplating converting to Islam, please be aware that you will be selling your eternal soul to a false religion, removing yourself from the very saving grace offered to you through Jesus Christ.
Question – How does one become a Christian?
Some truths first:
· Everyone sins - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23)
· The consequence of our sin is death - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
· Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins - … Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures … (1 Corinthians 15:3)
· The Lord wants us to repent of our sins - The Lord is … not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
· Those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will gain eternal life - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Get alone with God and in prayer to the following:
1. Confess that you are a sinner and that you repent of your sins.
2. By faith, receive Jesus Christ’s death on the cross as payment for your sins.
3. Invite Jesus Christ into your heart and receive Him as your personal Lord and Savior.
4. Thank Him for saving you and for giving you eternal life.
If you prayed with a sincere heart conviction, you have been saved, based on God’s unchangeable promise. He has recreated you in Christ Jesus, all things have become new.
· Find a local Bible believing church to attend if possible.
· If you have access to one, begin reading the Bible, starting in the New Testament.
· E-mail us (email@example.com) and let us know of your decision, and how we can help you.
God bless you in your life’s journey with Him … to His glory!
* All Bible references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted.